Watermelon Jalapeno Limeade
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, watermelon quenches thirst, relieves irritability, and detoxifies. Balance that with a little hot pepper, often considered an aphrodisiac, and add a touch of lime (and/or lemon) to replenish body fluids, and you have yourself a sexy drink.
Makes: 2 servings
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
2 seeded limes and/or lemons (adjust to taste)
Pinch of sea salt
1 jalapeno sliced
Splash of vodka (optional)
1. Blend watermelon until smooth
2. Add the lime juice, pinch of sea salt and blend.
3. Add sliced jalapeno and allow to sit for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to fuse (adjust to taste)
4. Remove jalapeno and blend before serving.
5. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh lime or lemon.
4. Add vodka to taste.